This two-day safety leadership programme was developed by Forum Interactive and Sett for Safety and is delivered at the GL Noble Denton test site in Cumbria, UK. So far, 200 leaders from across business sections and global units at Dana Petroleum have gone through the programme and it’s now being adapted for delivery in global locations.
Effective safety leadership is critical to all organisations that run high risk operations.
“There is historically too much emphasis on behavioural safety across the Oil and Gas industry. We wanted to make sure that we put the right emphasis on Process Safety Leadership. We also wanted to raise awareness in the sections of Dana that are not perceived as being directly involved in safety leadership.” Paul Griffin, Managing director UK
This programme offers a blended learning approach to challenge leaders physically, intellectually and emotionally. It combines:
- Experiential, drama-based learning delivered by Forum Interactive
- Learning on Process Safety Leadership delivered by Sett for Safety
- Demonstrations of industry specific explosions delivered by GL Noble Denton
Richard Lyons, UK Operations Manager, highlights the key benefits of this process safety leadership programme as:
- Powerfully connecting the theory with human emotion, engaging employees emotional as well as mental faculties
- Building respect for the intrinsic hazards of Dana’s product
- Developing understanding of and commitment to process safety
- Providing a common, foundation experience for supporting a company-wide program of cultural and behavioural development.
“We all came away with an increased awareness of our role in driving the right safety behaviours across the organisation.” Marcus Richards, CEO
Taylor Wimpey Case Study – making all executive leaders safety leaders
Case Study with Maersk Oil– developing effective leadership teams
First Group case study – developing effective safety leaders from supervisors to executive team