The University of Cumbria have developed a new leadership programme for the 21st century. This programme of short courses is unique, leader focussed and current. We are partnering with the University’s Institute for Leadership and Sustainability, IFLAS who operate to ‘deliver research, education, events and advice to social, cultural, political and business professionals’ they aim to lead transitions towards fair and sustainable societies through the abundance of courses they offer.
The Dynamic Space™ – Leadership in Action is a course we’ve developed that will challenge, motivate and develop your leadership skills in a dynamic and enjoyable environment!
During this two day course you will:
- Experience a live action dramatic case study and investigate the complex leadership issues presented
- Interact with the characters in the drama to practice your leadership skills
- Examine your own values and attitudes in your role and understand how your actions and decisions affect the people you lead.
- Learn how to bring about sustainable change through improved collaboration and communication
- Work with a team of professional executive coaches to understand the behavioural and communication skills that you need to be an effective leader
- Analyse the personal and organisational aspects of your leadership role and create an individualised action plan for further development
By attending ‘The Dynamic Space’ programme you will understand what is required to be an effective leader.
Our approach to leadership uses experiential methods to help people understand what effective leadership looks and feels like. We’ve designed ‘The Dynamic Space’ to go beyond theoretical models and behavioural typology to focus on what is practical and applicable to everyday work.
At Forum Interactive the work we do is creative, unique, active, risk-taking, inquiring, challenging, dynamic, truthful, energising, subversive, significant, responsive and flexible. Through it, we will all develop a greater understanding of what it is to be a human being at work.
Who should Attend?
- Senior and middle managers who are keen to improve their leadership skills
Dates and Fees:
Dates: 11 – 12 May 2015
Course fee: £1,320 + VAT
Location: Nab Cottage, Rydal
*course fees include course materials, lunches and snacks – excludes accommodation, breakfast and dinner
- East Lothian Council Download PDF: The Innerwick Experience
- University of Exeter Download PDF: Exeter University case study
- IFLAS short course – Outdoor Philosophy: Sea Kayaking
+44(0) 7920 207730