2017 has been varied and exciting with lots of new challenges working in partnership with our new and established clients.
Health and Safety
- We continue to work extensively with Babcock on both their marine sites in Devonport, Rosyth and Appledore and also their land based emergency vehicle support section. We again presented at the Babcock Global Health and Safety Awards in London. We are privileged to work with the apprentice and graduate intake at Devonport running sessions for over 800 apprentices, graduates and new starts in April /May, August and October which will become part of their annual training programme. See the link here to our blog.
- We continue to work extensively with Maersk Oil as part of their ongoing Incident Free culture programme. We run sessions for the drilling teams on the new Culzean Oil field, the Decommissioning team and the Offshore/Onshore teams. This will continue throughout 2017 and into 2018.
- Also, in Oil and Gas our long relationship with Shell and Petroleum Geo Services continues with mobilisation sessions delivered for seismic and vessel crews in Alexandria, Egypt in April and Bergen in July.
- We continue our long relationship with DNVGL at the Spadeadam test site working with Taqa Bratani and Centrica. We also ran a safety day for Centrica in Manchester.
- We piloted a new programme at BAE aimed at young drivers who break the law, mainly due to speeding. This focused on the personal consequences of a car crash for the people involved and their families.
- Throughout 2017, we have worked in partnership with Avant Homes housebuilders, across the UK; delivering a safety behaviour programme to site and office staff and an extensive range of contractors. This programme continues into 2018.
- We continue our established relationship with Chivas Brothers, Leadership Foundation for Higher Education and National Services Scotland contributing to their Leadership development programmes.
- We are currently developing a new programme for NSS Scotland which will run in January/February 2018.
- We developed a new programme for Chivas Brothers, delivered in August working with their worldwide team of graduate Brand Ambassadors. This programme is an excellent addition to our suite of leadership sessions supporting their leadership development programme and will continue next year.
- New clients in the leadership frame this year will be Babcock. This work is still in development and is expected to be rolled out in December.
- Bridging the Leadership and Culture Change areas is very specialised piece of work we developed with William Purves Funeral Directors.
This is a sector new to us and working closely with the William Purves staff was an enlightening and moving experience for us all. You can find more information here: WILLIAM PURVES CASE STUDY, 10 DAYS
- We can’t quite believe that the Spotlight Conversations programme with the City of Edinburgh Council has now been running for almost a year! We have learned so much from all the managers we have coached from all sectors of the Council and the feedback on our contribution has been overwhelmingly positive.
- We ran a workshop for Royal London last month designed to focus on building confidence and presence for those involved in marketing and presentations. The practical exercises encouraged people to take risks and try things out that they might not have considered. It was fun and provided the opportunity for people to learn about their instinctive responses to being in front of a group and offered practical strategies and tools for building confidence and staying in the moment.