Health and Safety
- In Oil and Gas our long relationship with Shell continues with mobilisation sessions to be delivered for seismic and vessel crews in Rotterdam in May.
- At the beginning of February we finished an intensive programme with Maersk Oil for offshore and onshore staff in developing Incident Free culture and building confidence and skills in having meaningful safety conversations. We worked with almost 1000 people over three months. We will be working with the UK Decommissioning team in June and also be visiting Kazakhstan.
- We continue our long relationship with DNVGL at the Spadeadam test site contributing to their health and safety leadership programmes for the Oil and Gas industry
- We worked with Centrica Storage again and this time delivered a Health and Safety forum in Manchester. This was aimed at Safety professionals and focussed on the importance of positive communication.
- Having worked throughout 2017 across the UK, in partnership with Avant Homes housebuilders, delivering a safety behaviour programme to site and office staff and an extensive range of contractors, we are looking at next steps into 2018.
- We delivered another session for Highland Construction Training Group in Inverness, focussing on working at height and the safe use of Mobile Elevated Work Platforms.
- Our long-established relationship with Network Rail High Speed continues with a week of Safety Behaviour seminars running in Kent in April 2018.
- We have been working with Babcock for many years contributing to the development of their safety culture. Before Christmas we worked intensively with the Frontline Management group at Devonport on communication within teams. We will be contributing to the Apprentice Programme again this Autumn working over two weeks with more than 250 apprentices and new starts in supporting the development of new people into the company. We will be focusing on safety intervention techniques and building confidence and skills in speaking up. We will also be supporting the annual Global Health and Safety conference in London in November.
- We continue our established relationship with Chivas Brothers, Leadership Foundation for Higher Education and the National Services Scotland.
- We developed a new programme for National Services Scotland in January this year. Finance and Business Services asked us to deliver three leadership workshops on: Transformation, Change and Preparing for the Future. We provided experiential development workshops for the Operational Management Team, the Finance staff and the team of Accountants to raise the awareness of successful transformational leadership attitudes and behaviours.
- We developed a new programme for Chivas Brothers, delivered in August working with their worldwide team of graduate Brand Ambassadors. This programme is an excellent addition to our suite of leadership sessions supporting their leadership development programme and continues in August 2018.
- In May we will pilot a session in Stirling University with academic and professional staff as part of a Leadership Development programme being developed with the university.
Our partnership with City of Edinburgh Council and their award -winning “Spotlight Conversations” programme for all managers came to an end in March after fifteen months. We worked with hundreds of managers throughout the Council using small group bespoke coaching/role play sessions. The programme was delivered by internal facilitators supported by ourselves. We found the work rewarding and stimulating and learnt a huge amount from our Council partnership. A case study is in progress and will be available soon.
This is a brief overview of some of the work we have been doing. Please get in touch if you would like a more detailed understanding of our process and the impact of our programmes.